Shane Warne’s body has been taken for autopsy. Legend has it that the legendary Aussie leg-spinner died. So far, Thai police have speculated that he may have had a heart attack. While searching the house where Warne lived in the country’s Samujana villa, police found a large quantity of blood. Bloodstains are found on carpets, three towels and a pillow.
Two of Warne’s friends have to face the question. But the police did not find anything suspicious. “There was a lot of blood in the house,” Surat Thani Provincial Police Commander Paul Maz Palpinit told a local news outlet. When CPR (artificial respiration) was started, drink and blood came out from the mouth of the deceased through cough.
Warne, 52, was suffering from asthma. He also sought medical attention for a heart condition. That’s what Superintendent of Police Paul Cole Yutana Sirisombat said.
The news of Warne’s untimely death shocked his family as well as everyone else. Jackson Warne, a 22-year-old boy, thinks the moment is a nightmare. He could still hear his father knocking on the door. That’s what Warne’s manager, James Erkstein, said. Two daughters, Brooke Warne, 24, and Summer Warne, 19, have not yet commented on their father’s death.
Warne’s body will be returned to Australia after an autopsy. Warne’s family has told the Australian Embassy in Thailand that it should be done quickly. His last rites will be performed with state honors. Warne went on vacation to Thailand with friends to lose weight. He was on a 14-day ‘liquid diet’ to get fit. But within a day of his arrival in Thailand, he fell to his death on March 4. The cricket world has not yet been able to overcome that unexpected grief.