India will take on Sri Lanka in the upcoming two-match Test series, starting 04 March at Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium in Mohali.
Both sides recently met in the three-match T20I series, where hosts completely outplayed the visitors and registered a clean sweep. Rohit Sharma and Co. will be hoping to replicate the same and whitewash Sri Lanka in the red-ball battle.
On the other hand, the Islanders would be aiming to bounce back and capture the triumph in the Test series.
It’s going to be a historic match for former captain Virat Kohli as he will be entering in the whites for his 100th game in Test cricket. BCCI has also allowed 50% of spectators for the contest by reversing their own decision of conducting the match behind closed doors.
- India will face Sri Lanka in the two-match Test series.
- The battle of the longest format between the two nations starts on March 04 in Mohali.
- First Test – 04 March to 08 March at Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium in Mohali
- Second Test – 12 March to 16 March at M.Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru
India: Rohit Sharma (captain), J Bumrah (vc), Mayank Agarwal, Hanuma Vihari, Priyank Panchal, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Shubman Gill, R Pant, KS Bharat, Ravichandran Ashwin (subject to fitness), Ravindra Jadeja, Mohammed Siraj, Jayant Yadav, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammad Shami, Umesh Yadav, Saurabh Kumar
Sri Lanka: Dimuth Karunaratne (captain),Dhananjaya de Silva (vc), Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Mendis*, Lahiru Thirimanne, Angelo Mathews, Dinesh Chandimal, Charith Asalanka, Niroshan Dickwella, Chamika Karunaratne, Ramesh Mendis – will not take part due to an injury, Lahiru Kumara, Suranga Lakmal, Dushmantha Chameera,Praveen Jayawickrema, Vishwa Fernando, Jeffrey Vandersay, Lasith Embuldeniya.
Broadcast and Live Streaming details:
- India: Star Sports; Disney+Hotstar
- Sri Lanka: Siyatha TV
- USA and Canada: Willow TV
- South Africa: SuperSport Cricket
- New Zealand: SKY NZ
- United Kingdom: Sky Sports Cricket
- Australia: Fox Cricket